cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Carrying 2 VLANs across a 2821 to an ASA

drumrb0y
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a remote site that is currently connected by a L2 fiber link between a 3560G and a 2821 router that lies in front of an ASA5520 firewall. A routed IP segment connects the 3560-2821, then another IP segment connects the 2821-ASA and the ASA is the gateway for the segment behind it that contains servers.

Now the powers that be would like to add a second network segment to the remote site, requiring a second VLAN to be transited between the 3560 and the ASA.

Two questions:

1. Can I get directed to a procedure to tunnel two VLANs between a 2821 interface and two different ASA interfaces - or, how to configure an ASA port to trunk multiple VLANs?

2. Can I get help configuring the 2821 to trunk multiple VLANs so I can do away with the smaller IP segments in the current, routed topology and convert everything to a pair of VLANs end-to-end?

I've got some experience configuring subinterfaces, but I need some help configuring a 2800 router interface for L2 VLAN tagging.

Thanks,

Marc

1 Reply 1

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its not a 2800 router but the procedure is the same . 2800 will need at least ip plus code to do trunking.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_example09186a00800ef797.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: