This is what I hate about practice tests!!

Unanswered Question
Oct 29th, 2007

Took a practice ICND (640-811) exam from the Cisco site. When I finished it returned a list of the questions with a legend of blue checkmark for correctly answered questions, a red X for incorrectly answered questions. Additionally, an ANSWER with a box around it is supposed to indicate the correct answer.

My results returned questions 1-75 with EVERY SINGLE ANSWER marked incorrectly (red X). The correct answer is NOT indicated.

How am I supposed to use this as a training tool? If Cisco has it wrong, where do I go???

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pipemajor Mon, 10/29/2007 - 11:41

Example - 1st Question:

Legend

answer Correct answer

Your answer, Correct.

Your answer, Incorrect.

1. On a Cisco router, what information does the show ip protocols command display?

Interface information

Values of routing timers

The contents of the routing table

Class of the current routing protocol

I chose "Values of routing timers" and the result marked it INCORRECT. But nowhere does it indicate what the correct answer is supposed to be... I write the real exam in a week...

Wilson Samuel Mon, 10/29/2007 - 11:48

Hi,

In my humble opinion the BEST way to conquer any Cisco Exam is to go thoroughly through the Blue Print (using cisco.com) and once you know the stuff, attempt.

Its pretty easy, than the other tools which generally are not quite helpful

All the BEST!

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

pipemajor Mon, 10/29/2007 - 11:53

Thanks for the reply. If by "Blue Print" you mean the Exam Topics, yes, I have those. Just frustrated by these "helpful" tools which turn out not so helpful after all.

I do have the Transcender kit for this exam. Hope that is of better value...

rayroyaleverest Tue, 10/30/2007 - 05:12

I like the Cisco Press ICND text with the associated CD which includes simulations. Sybex also publishes some good material.

Actions

This Discussion