Limitation of App Scripts? By call volume or By number of invocations...

Answered Question
Oct 29th, 2007

I have a situation where I will have one auto attendant script which will have several menus and depending on the option chosen, it will redirect to appropriate departmental Routepoint. Also, the caller can call the local/toll free number which will be mapped to departmental RPs or the Routepoint itself (mostly internal folks).

Each RP has an associated Queue. The call flow for all the RPs is exactly same. The only variation in the script is voicemail ext, departmental queue name, prompts etc. I can create one script, parameterize all the variables and when uploading in CRS Admin, can assign values to different parameters.

My question is, does the scripts any limitation in terms of number of calls they can handle? Meaning, if I have one script, assign different parameters and if multiple callers call different departments, the same script will triggered w/ different parameter values but will it crash after "x" number of calls or "x" number of invocations?

Any insight would be helpful. Alternatively, I can copy the same script, rename and associate with its departmental RP but if I make a change in one place, I have to make the change in all the other places. My goal is to reuse code, minimize the number of scripts and design one single sophisticated script.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Sunil

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by jasonprescott about 9 years 1 month ago

Sunil,

This should not be a problem. The only issue that you may run into would be in regards to reporting. You would want to make sure that your are setting your call types after you set you routing logic so that you can report on calls to each different department.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
jasonprescott Thu, 11/01/2007 - 13:32

Sunil,

This should not be a problem. The only issue that you may run into would be in regards to reporting. You would want to make sure that your are setting your call types after you set you routing logic so that you can report on calls to each different department.

Actions

This Discussion