cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help - CM reboot and adding computer added back to domain

Kelex000333
Level 1
Level 1

computer account for unity is corrupt. I need to add back to domain. once added back, will anything need to be done in either unity or callmanager to see ports?

also what is rebootd first publisher or subscriber CallManager 3.3? THANKS

2 Replies 2

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

There is no documented procedure to reboot the Cisco CallManager servers in the cluster. Reboot one server at a time, with the Publisher rebooted first. Once it is back up and the phones are rehomed on the new server, reboot the other consecutive Subscriber servers.

The recommended procedure is to first reboot the publisher before rebooting the subscriber (assuming your phones are registered to the sub.) That way you can make sure that the publisher completely recovers before you take down the phones by rebooting the subscriber.

For your information I experienced a similar issue for which I opened a Cisco TAC case as I was unfamiliar with the consequences for having to add the computer back into the domain.

Unfortunately the Cisco SE had to escalate to the developers for comment, but I never had any positive feedback.

The issue was that the customer had inadvertantly deleted the account, I was concerned whether the appropriate account would require recreating and both the permissions wizard and message store wizard required running again?

What made it even more difficult was the fact that Unified Server was configured with SSL PCA, and therefore had CA services installed.

When CA services are installed you cannot simply change the properties, you have uninstall the CA first. My concern was what impact this would have on PCA, so I took the precaution of removing SSL from the appropriate webservices and then uninstalled the Windows CA service.

After uninstalling CA I was then able to add the computer back into the domain, and fortunately enough there were no apparent issues which ensued. The accounts and permissions remained unchanged.

Regards

Allan.

HTH.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: