mobinshaikh Mon, 10/29/2007 - 15:42

Congratulations Miller...What do you about the exam? Did you find any unusal or any new question? I am planning to appear this week. Thanks,

Mobin

miller811 Mon, 10/29/2007 - 16:43

This was my first attempt and felt like I was well prepared. Have studied off and on for years. 30 days ago I decided I would give it all I had. I took Cisco Press Books I had, sybex books I had, purchaed Chris Bryant's material. Borrowed 3 routers and 3 switches from customers, and study at least 200 hours over the 30 days.

Having never taken the exam, I did not know what to expect.

While in the exam I really did not think I was going to pass.

I was wondering if I would run out of time.

I finished with 15 minutes left.

There were no suprises on the exam from the material I prepared with.

michael-paget Mon, 10/29/2007 - 18:14

Failed ccna test today! first attempt..mike paget...oh, btw, ran out of time with 7 or 8 questions to go..i was re-certifying from years ago and found that last time i had plenty of time compared to this test..perhaps it's cuz i'm getting older..anyone else had problem of running out of time or is it just me?

pipemajor Mon, 10/29/2007 - 18:33

Yup, happened to me. I passed the 640-821 INTRO exam last summer with an 875 then took the 640-811 ICND exam a few months later. The clock ran out while I still had 11 questions left.

It was humbling. I try again next week after going through the Cisco Press ICND book in it's entirety. Also bought the Transcender package. I do have a home lab w/3x2501 but only a 1900 switch. Just acquired a 2950 switch which should help.

Congrat...

What type of simualtion questions (which topics, how many) you had in your exams. I going to appear for my CCNA this week for second time.

Yes, there is shortage of time on these test, many has experience this. I had a similar experience too. Actually simualtion takes time and do the subnet calculations, further more these subnet calculation getting difficult as well as numbers of calculation increasing which kill all the available time.

You have to real fast for Simulation and well as subnetting questions if you need to complete the test. If you stuck somewhere... just guess (I think there is no negative marking.. not sure please let me know) and move on.

miller811 Tue, 10/30/2007 - 04:57

Obviously I can't talk about the contents of the test.

If subnetting gives you any difficulting you need to solve that problem before the test. I was able to do subnetting, and it was time consuming using the boolean AND method.

Reading this board, last week, someone posted a link to a how to subnet web site and someone else also posted additional information in that same post.

I went to the site and reviewed the info, and also the other method described in the post and with a little pratice it clicked.

I can now subnet in my head.

This in my opinion allowed me to pass the test on the first try.

BTW, I had 14 minutes left on the clock.

mazchile83 Tue, 10/30/2007 - 10:19

I tried the exam Friday and failed. I am certain it was because I could not subnet in my head or at least fast enough to beat the clock. I plan to do it again this week but with tons more subnetting practice. Thanks, you have confirmed my thoughts & congratulations.

nickhesson Tue, 10/30/2007 - 12:39

Congrets, I passed the the CCNA exam yesterday with a 898 as well. Funny!

I have a question for you, did you get a question on the exam asking you what routing protocol you would use between AS networks? Also, did you get the "mutli-question Switch sim" question?

I did very well on the exam. But I ran out of time. I have 12 questions to with 6 mins. left. Talk about under the gun.

bizdave123 Tue, 10/30/2007 - 14:19

I don't get it. You say you didn't answer 12 questions out of 53, but you still passed with an 898? There's something wrong with this test.

rusty.matzick Tue, 10/30/2007 - 18:33

I think what he is saying is that he had to race through the last 12 questions with only 6 min left.

nickhesson Wed, 10/31/2007 - 08:59

Yes, It went like this for me. 12 q's 6 mins. to go. 8 q's with 3 mins. to go. 3 q's with only a mintue. and I was moving my mouse down to press ok for the 53rd question and time expired. So I now i missed at lease one for the last question. Mind you, I took the 607 exam years ago and pass with a 997 with 25 mintues left to go. 801 is a harder test.

My advice to everyone makes sure you pace yourself. I answered the first 25 questions and only took 30 mintues, the last 28 questions (including the 2 Sim questions) took me the full hour.

Nick

bpdons123 Tue, 10/30/2007 - 20:49

Well Done, i've just failed the ICND for the 2nd time today. Only have 1 chance left before the new exam kicks in.

Been studying a good 4-6 hours per day for the past 3 weeks.

Really thought i nailed it today, was expecting over 900 but up came the 788.

Strangely i had the same simulator question again, of which i just had no idea what they were wanting me to do. The question was telling me to figure out what was wrong and using only 'SHOW' commands. Well i knew what was wrong, but i've got no idea how to tell the cisco sim what was wrong. Oh well, lets just hope that sim question isn't on the next ICND exam. Should pass easily i would think.

keenan.james Thu, 11/01/2007 - 02:29

Just passed my CCNA yesterday (Halloween) with a score of 974 with 38 minutes left - As soon as I saw the time remaining I became convinced I'd screwed something up - does anyone else feel that "Processing Test" lasts on the screen for longer than the entire exam took?

Actions

This Discussion