Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Forwarding Number

mattiep00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently, when someone forwards all of their calls to a new number, the q931 debug shows the calling number as the original number that called. I would like the forward to display the number that has been forwarded from.

Eg.

6500 0313 (external) calls extension 95010260 who is forwarding to their mobile. I want the mobile to display 95010260 as the calling party.

Under my telephony service I have:

telephony-service

calling-number initiator

dialplan-pattern 1 650201.. extension-length 4

call-forward pattern .T

dn-webedit

time-webedit

transfer-system full-consult

transfer-pattern 0.T

!

Any thoughts?

Ta,

19 Replies 19

alig.norbert
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I would try with translation-rules on the ISDN voice-port.

Furthermore it depends on the Telco setting (Special arrangement routing).

Only a few hints.

Greets,

norbert

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

yes cme will try to send original called number.

If it not enough for you to impose main calling number, what you want it can be done but is a bit complex configuration with ephone-dn loopback. wirte here if you want to try it.

Hi,

If you had any examples, i would like to give it a try. We use CCM in our main site, and forwarding from individual numbers must be the default behaviour - so I need to make it the same or the users will freak out!

Thanks,

Hi,

try what is described in the following post:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dde396e/11#selected_message

you need to adapt for the numbers and length of numbers you are forwarding to, please ask if anything isn't clear.

Hi,

This worked - however now when I dial numbers using the prefix, it doesn't let me put in the last number - so I dont think this will work. Here's the config:

dial-peer voice 2 pots

description ** PRI POTS Standard dial-peer **

destination-pattern 9[3,6,8,9].......

port 0/0/0:15

!

ephone-dn 78

number 3.......

loopback-dn 90 prefix 9

caller-id local

ephone-dn 90

number 707

loopback-dn 78

So any time someone dials 935010178, it trys to dial 93501017...So I think this may be a bit flawed...

Any suggestions?

Hi Mattie,

In you case DP 2 is

destination-pattern 9[3,6,8,9].......

This means numbers beginning with 3, 6, 8 or 8 are followed by 7 more digits for a total of 8.

Now you say that when you try to dial 935010178 it doesn't let you put the last digit (this is unrelated to the forwarding config.

This is inconsistent with the configuration, can you verify how many digits do you have and the actual number length.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

That dial peer has been working previously - also when I removed the forwarding ephone-dns it allowed me to enter the 8th number again.

I could however just dial 35010178 and that would work, but then users wouldnt be entering '9' to access an external line...

Hi,

I've just tried that and it's calling after the 8th digit after '9' as access.

I'm not sure how the ephone-dn interferes with the DP, it should not.

Perhaps if you post the full config we can understand why.

Config attached. Let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary.

Also, All IP communicator phones are behind by 1 hour - is that set on the CIPC, or on the router?

I have rated the post with the answer in it already, as this does resolve the problem (just creates another for me!)

Thanks,

Hi,

is not exactly clear to me why this is happening, however, can you try "preference 1" under the ephone-dn set in loopback ?

For the time problem, do you have the correct time, timezone and DST correction when doing "show clock" ?

I will try tonight and post the results.

Does the IP Communicator get its time from router clock, or timezone under telephony service?

Clock timezone GMT 8

and

time-zone 41

All the 7940 phone times are correct however - just IPC...

They use a mix. Does DST apply in you location? If yes, you need to configure like:

clock summer-time CEST recurring last Sun Mar 2:00 last Sun Oct 3:00

The example above is for Europe.

No - no daylights saving in Singapore. I get Error updating Locale in the CIPC status messages.

I've tried to create those DN's again. This is a debug for q931 which I get.

I also get no voice as well, just silence which I assume is related to this error:**ERROR**: call_progress: DEV_CONNECTED VOICE ERROR: Bearer capability not available(0x3A): b c

hannel 4 call id 0x131

Also - calling number comes from 708 which doesnt sound correct...

Hi Mattie,

The error you see is purely cosmetic, you will see it in any and all ISDN calls until cisco will finally fix this spurious message.

On which type of calls do you have no voice path ?

The calling number you see is the extension one. You can have it replaced with your main number, main+DID, depending on what you want.

Going back in this forum I remember some discussion about ISDN in Singapore, but as far I can recall, there was nothing special about it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: