cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where to from here? (2611XM CME4.0(2)

mat.walker
Level 1
Level 1

We've been running a 2611XM with 1 E1 PRI for quite a while now and have been pretty happy with it.

We've now exhausted the 52 max-ephones setting and will need more phone slots soon (all 764/6x series phones)

We may want to start doing some video conferencing / iPTV at some stage. We also have some remote offices with standard 79xx phones which up until now we've just extended the CME private network to these offices via GRE tunnels.

Is there any advice anyone can give or documents to be pointed at that I can gain some direction in where we might head from here. Should we be putting 2611's in at each site? What sort of next router up am I looking at to support 100+ SCCP phones? Should we go full blown CCM or stick with CME?

All comments and suggestions welcome!

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

a 2851 would do 96 phones. Now, there is also the UC520 that is a small CME that does everything, it has PoE, voicemail, licenses, etc. it comes in sizes for 8, 16, 32 and 48 users. I would try to keep one CME per site as long is practoical, because in case or hardware or circuit failure, you are not too impacted.