Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity DST-Message timestamp-1-hour behind

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Hello:

We have unity 4.2 and the system time display fine. But the timestamps on the messages show time as 1 hour behind.

Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

m-payne
Level 1
Level 1

I feel your pain! We have Unity 4.0(4) and our time stamp is one hour ahead...!

Mike

Hello, we had the same issue yesterday. We were running 4.1(3)sr5b and upgraded to 4.1(3) sr5d and it fixed the issue. It seemed to be a combination of the phones having their own DST calculator in them and whatever else the patch did. Check out this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a00807e02b1.shtml

m-payne
Level 1
Level 1

I feel your pain! We have Unity 4.0(4) and our time stamp is one hour ahead...!

Mike

Sorry for the duplicate message...

Ginger thanks for the link! We performed the reboot on the Unity yesterday and believe that solved the problem. Now our Exchange 2000 SP3 (which was manually adjusted) has to be set 1 hour behind in order for the time stamp to be correct. Has anyone heard of a fix for this issue?

HAve you reviewed MS for issues regarding the change in handling of Daylight Savings time? They have a number of articles about that, and whether the local absolute time has been shifted by the automatic DST time changer. If the problem goes away next week (when we now switch to DST), then that's your issue. the solution may be found in a combination of MS and Cisco patches, depending on local system settings (is your widnows box set to automatically adjust for daylight saving time, etc.)

Hi -

I recommend using Cisco's link for DST information - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_field_notice09186a00807dcf40.shtml

There is a link to the Download page which has a Unity DST zip file for all versions. If you did not run through this document before, it is a good read.

Regards, Ginger