cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminal monitor issue with 3750

jstewart33
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue with term mon not displaying messages. I enable term mon on telnet connection and have checked the log settings and monitor is set as debugging. I am mainly interested in seeing line up/down status so I set a couple of interfaces logging event link-status. Maybe I've misunderstood how to do this. Thanks for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, term monitor is now enabled and you should receive any messages sent to console. If you don't, is due to lack of messages being generated :)

As for the command I posted; is basically the same command you typed (show term) but grepping for that line only.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have logging console enabled ?

If you connect via the console cable are you able to see those messages ?

Terminal Monitor is simply console messages redirected to your telnet session.

Hi

I am not getting any messages after enabled debug ip ospf hello from my telnet session to router 3660 even my serial int goes down it is not showig me any alerts.

How can i enable it? Plz help

I'm sorry, Are you the same person as the original poster ? The thread is about a 3750 switch and you are posting about a 3660 router.

If you are not the original poster, please open a new thread to avoid any confusion.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Use logging event link-status default command and also do you have snmp traps setup for link up/down ?

I checked and console logging is enabled. I set logging event link-status on a couple of interfaces. When I do show logging I see that all logging is enabled. The only message I ever see on the screen when I telnet is configured from console by vty0.

I'm trying to isolate the problem from term monitor vs console messages.

If you console into the switch with a direct console cable, are you able to see those messages ?

Can you post show term output while telnet into the switch as well as show logging ?

I cannot connect with a console cable because this stack is in another physical location so I cannot say for sure if messages are being displayed on the console. I've attached term and logging output.

Thanks for the help.

Based on the output, you don't have terminal monitor enabled:

Capabilities: none

Here is my output:

Rack1SW1#sh term | i Capa

Capabilities: none

Rack1SW1#term mon

Rack1SW1#sh term | i Capa

Capabilities: Receives Logging Output

Here's the new output with term mon in enable in case they were different. What does sh term | include Capabilities command do? I'm unfamiliar with that command.

Ok, term monitor is now enabled and you should receive any messages sent to console. If you don't, is due to lack of messages being generated :)

As for the command I posted; is basically the same command you typed (show term) but grepping for that line only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: