cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 does not recognize digits

jfladouceur
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I am having a issue where at random I enter digits in unity from an IP phone or a gateway and sometimes unity says "I did not recognise that as a valid entery." I looked into the port monitor and unity is getting the correct digits.

thanks

9 Replies 9

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What is your integration to/from?

I am integrating with Cisco CallManager 6.0 and Unity 4.2

What TSP Version are you using? Could be outdated TSP on Unity.

I was using 8.1 and looked on cisco's website and it said I needed 8.2 for CCM6.0

Went on my CallManager's plugin's page, downloaded the TSP from there. Installed it on my unity. Now the ports wont register. I then looked in the configuration of the TSP and it's not the same as before. Meaning there are 2. The 8.1 is still there and now there is a CiscoTSP001.tsp and if I try and configure this one it's different. I specified the ip address of my first node.

Do I need to create a user for it?

Or do I need to delete the old TSP,

or do I need to undo the update I did.

thanks

I would download directly from the CCO website for the TSP version. I would not trust what is on the CCM builds for plugins. Those TSPs are for something different anyways. (I think for Outlook pluggin, etc)

Download from CCO

install on Unity server (NOT TERMINAL SERVER, Console ONLY)

restart the Unity server

Check ports.

hi, my ports are now registered. Thanks... Unity is back up...

But I tried calling in and it still gives me the same inital problem were after entering a digit it says, I did not recognise that as a valide entry

Unity is now on TSP 8.2

When you are entering a digit, double check what CallHandler menu you are on. There is a chance that your Callhandler menu changed for some reason and it is set to "ignore" all digits.

Also, what menu are entering when you call unity? Directory Handler, Call Handler, Subsignin?

The problem doesn't always occur at the same time. Meaning, sometime I will call in(opening greeting), dial a 1 to get english call handler, then dial extention 10001. It will give me the error message. If I try it again, sometimes it works. Sometimes it takes multiple times for it to work. Rarely it does it from an IP phone as well. I initially though that the gateway wasn't passing the correct digits, but I checked on the port status monitor and it is. It collects all digits but doesn't act on them.

The problem occures when calling in a call handler and it also occures when we try to signin to retreive our messages.

Couple things:

- DBwalker the database on Unity to make sure it's clean.

- Is Unity running slow for any reason?

- Between CCM and Unity, is it on the same LAN or is it through the WAN? Through the WAN, possible congestion cause the TSPs to be flakey.

Are the NIC cards TEAMed correctly on the Unity server. This also could be an issue. Break the team and only run on (1) NIC card and see if this fixes the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: