Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks question

persepolis77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to run the enable secret $x6E8s# by Ciscoworks, but it gives me the following error message:

Router(config)#

enable secret ********

can't read "x6E8s": no such variable

Any reason?

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS uses the '$' to indicate a variable for parameterized templates. How are you creating this job, and what version of RME are you using?

RME version 4.0.5

I do not understand what you mean by how I create the job, but I have a template which has the following command:

enable secret $x6E8s#

Should I add something before $ to show that $ is a part of my password?

If you have a template, check its configuration to see if you've checked the "Parameterized" box. If so, uncheck that box, and save your user-defined task, and see if that helps.

"Parametrized" is not checked. I will check it and try again to see it that one helps or not.

I actually have another problem also. I have the following command in tclsh:

proc get_net { interface } {return [join [lrange [split [lindex [exec sh ip int brief $interface

| include $interface] 1] .] 0 2] .]}

and I get this error message:

Router(tcl)#

proc get_net { interface } {return [join [lrange [split [lindex [exec sh ip int brief $interface

+>missing close-brace

In my template, the line is complete!!!

Do not check it as it will certainly not do what you want. This may be a bug in RME 4.0.5. I tested 4.1, and your template is working.

As for the TCL problem, please start a new thread in the Network Management forum for that.

I tried RME 4.0.5 with your template, and it works just fine if I don't check the Parameterized box.

What I did was create a new User-Defined Task in Netconfig. The Task was a Config Task for Switches and Hubs (I tested with a 3560). I did NOT check the Parameterized box, and I entered, the following in the CLI Commands box:

enable secret $x6E8s#

I then went to NetConfig Jobs, and created a new job to deploy this template to my test 3560. It deployed just fine. No errors.

I created a new template with only enable secret command and it worked for me also, but when I add it to all my config, it does not work!!!

Any idea why?

What do you mean, it does not work when you add it to your config? Are you getting the same error as before?

yes, true, it was not working when I added it to my config!!!

but, I found the problem. When I was changing my enable secret, I was still in TCL mode. That is why whatever was after $ was considered as a variable.

I just put my enable secret after the exit of TCL mode and it worked.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: