Weird Problem! Cisco 2950

Unanswered Question
Oct 30th, 2007

Hi, I really dont know if this issue is applicable here but I am desperate for help now. We have a wireless project providing internet access in a very remote location. There are wireless mesh accesspoints connected back to back by wireless Point2MultiPoint Links (P2MP). I have 2 BSU (Base Station Units) each connected to 3 CPEs. The 2 BSU's are connected to zero configuratoin 2950 switch.Below is a brief on the technical scenario:-

1. Wired backhaul subnet

2. DHCP Relay

The problem is that when I connect both the BSU to the switch they perform well. But after 10-15 minutes the other BSU ( starts giving huge delays and finally times out. Disconnecting the stable BSU ( from the switch brings the other one up. The switch already has STP enabled.

Is there a loop in the network? Any problem with the BSUs? Are the Mesh Access Points broadcasting? How do I troubleshoot this? Your valuable comments, suggestions will definitely get me somehwere.

Attachments: network scenario, ping snapshots of the BSUs.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dennischolmes Tue, 10/30/2007 - 12:12

I need a whole lot more information. What model number of aceess points, controller code, and distance between MESH units just to start.

sarfarazkazi Tue, 10/30/2007 - 23:28

Hi Dennis,

We are using Tropos 5210 Mesh Routers as Access Points and a Colubris 3500 Controller for a portal page.

The distance between each mesh unit is more than 50 metres.

dennischolmes Wed, 10/31/2007 - 04:06

Can't really help you there. I don't know the Tropos or Colubris products well enough to assist. I suggest you call their tech support.

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode