CCIE Lab exam extra configuration commands

Unanswered Question
Oct 30th, 2007

Hi

Is it true that I must always use the minimum amount of configuration commands for completing the task although I'm not explicitly asked to use the minimum configuration needed?

If I use "more" commands as necessarily needed do I loose points? The task is completed and functionality is achieved.

Thanks in advance

Drahoslav

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
etienne.basset Wed, 10/31/2007 - 01:28

hello

some questions ask you to "just" configure something, you won't lose point if you overconfigure.

some questions ask you to configure a task but with constraints (which could be : use the minimum configuration command, don't use this method) and you won't get any point if your conf works without meeting the constraints

the point is you must know several ways to configure things...

etienne

dsliz Wed, 10/31/2007 - 02:15

Hi

I have in my mind such examples as "frame-relay map ipv6 X:X:X::X [DLCI] broadcast"

Because I'm confused when I should use "broadcast" keyword with respect to link-local or global ipv6 address. I don't know whether use "broadcast" only for link-local or global address for the same DLCI?

frame-relay map ipv6 2001:5678::1 111 broadcast

frame-relay map ipv6 FE80::1 111 broadcast

If I use "broadcast" in both commands is it correct? Don't I loose points?

thanks

Drahoslav

Edison Ortiz Wed, 10/31/2007 - 06:57

You won't lose points unless it breaks a requirement on another task. I highly recommend you read the entire lab before you do anything. It's a building block and other tasks may guide you on the proper design based on previous task.

Another example would be (usually asked in other forums), what type of OSPF network should you use on a serial interface. Well, if you read the entire lab, most often than not, the answer is there....

Actions

This Discussion