cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200 - Wont start up (three green LEDs)

rmawatson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am having a problem with my Aironet 1200 not booting up. It was previously starting up ok, but I was having problems access it through web browser and so I reset it using the mode button and plugging in power. Ther Aironet now starts up to the point that all three of the LEDs are green and stays like this. I have tried to reset it again without any luck.

According to the documentation :

Green, Green, Green = Starting Cisco IOS.

As it never progresses from this, I am at a loss at how to fix my problem. Any advice would be appriciated.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

If you connect a console cable what appears as the AP powers on?

Just recieved my console cable. The access point halts at this stage.

System ID: 000D65B54684

Motherboard: IBM405 200MHz, 8192KB FLASH, 16384KB DRAM, Revision 04

Bootstrap Ver. 1.00: FLASH, CRC 1C914641 (OK)

Initialization: OK

_

Any ideas ?

If that is all you get from the console, then your AP needs to be RMA'd.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Robin,

It sounds to me like the IOS was erased by using the reset/mode button :(

You can load a new Cisco IOS release using TFTP.

Follow these steps for loading a Cisco IOS release using a TFTP server:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 The static IP address of the PC on which your TFTP server software runs should be between 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.30.

Step 2 Make sure that the PC contains the access point image file (such as c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.tar for a 1200 series access point) in the TFTP server folder and that the TFTP server is activated.

Step 3 Rename the access point image file in the TFTP server folder to c1200-k9w7-tar.default for a 1200 series access point, c1130-k9w7-tar.default for an 1130 series access point, and c1240-k9w7-tar.default for a 1240 series access point.

Step 4 Connect the PC to the access point using a Category 5 (CAT5) Ethernet cable.

Step 5 Disconnect power from the access point.

Step 6 Press and hold MODE while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 7 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds) and then release.

Step 8 Wait until the access point reboots, as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 9 After the access point reboots, reconfigure it using the GUI or the CLI.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_technical_reference09186a00804fc3dc.html#wp161272

Hope this helps!

Rob

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card