cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9xxx can't be recognized by Unity system ( 2xxx no issue)

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have two DID numbers (xxx-xxx-9937,xxx-xxx-9990)

configured. DID numbers are working fine.

Also I added Ext.9937 and 9990 as unity subscribers. When caller dials main number , then press

Ext.9937 or 9990, I got the following result:

(9990) -----> the call goes to the receptionist

9937)------>caller could hear " system does not recognise that as a valid entry"

I changed 9937 to 2937, 9990 to 2990, then the call could go through.

(2xxx is for regular users, 9xxx is new in unity system with 9937 & 9990 only)

Anybody got any idea? Is it related to Unity design? Your reply is appreciated.

Howard

5 Replies 5

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

Can you turn on "Call Viewer" from unity tools depot and see what the called number and calling number.

Next step would be check "Call Routing" to see if there arey rules which were set?

Well, I run status monitor and see the calling number

And I also create 9928 in Unity for test. The situation is like 9937, the caller could hear " .. that is not a vaild entry". After I change 9928 to 2928, the caller could hear " ...please wait, I will transfer your call". This sounds normal.(Even I haven't create Ext. on CCM)

I have no clue now.

Howard.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have any caller restrictions setup for 9XXX. Typically, this turned off by default in Unity. Their is a dialing rule in the caller restrictions table that is limiting this connection (or blocking it)

I don't think restriction tables would get you to the "...did not recognize..." prompt. Sounds more like the 9 is getting lost when it is the first digit entered. I'd check the Call Input settings for the Call Handler. Could be having an issue with the 9 key being set to Ignore and Lock.

-Eric

Thank you all.

The issue is related to main call handler.

Created a new call handler and works fine now.

Howard