cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 'SERVER has denied replication request

salmodov
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to replicate 2 ACS servers and I get the follwing error.

ACS 'Server' has denied replication request

10/30/2007 22:09:49 INFO Outbound replication cycle completed

10/30/2007 22:09:49 ERROR ACS 'Server' has denied replication request

10/30/2007 22:09:48 INFO Outbound replication cycle starting...

ANY HELP out there this late please?

2 Replies 2

somishra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Check the following configs:

- Both the primary and secondary server must be at the same exact version of software

In the Primary ACS server :

-In DB Replication settings, the secondary server entry should be listed under replication partners column (right hand side)

In the Secondary ACS Server :

-There should be no entry listed under Replication Partners column, the Primary server entry must be under AAA servers column (left hand side)

- Make sure that the shared secret key for the AAA server entries across both the servers is uniform

Hope this helps

somishra

Further adding to somishra suggestion,

) Make sure that you are not replicating over NAT. Replication over NAT does not work

because the IP is used as part of the server authentication

2) Next, check to make sure that you are not sending or receiving the distribution table.

On the primary server, the distribution table should not be checked in the send list, and

on the secondary, the distribution table should not be checked for receive.

3) Then I would like you to check in the secondary server's partner list, to make sure

that the primary is not listed. You should not enter the primary server into the partner

list on the secondary server. However, the primary server should have all secondary

servers listed in its partner list.

4) Ensure that the secondary server has it's replication scheduling set to "manual".

5) Please verify that your servers are all running exactly the same ACS version and build.

6) Also let me know if we have any firewall in between two acs servers.

Regards,

~JG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: