Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot configure ft vlan interface on ACE v3.0.0.A1.6.2

mbittman
Level 1
Level 1

When I follow directions to configure FT on my ACEs at:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080683a15.html#wp999520

If you go to Table 7-1 on step 4. I cannot configure the vlan interface. When I type: "interface vlan 100", I get the error:

Error: vlan 8 is marked for FT use; modification not allowed

I tried just skipping that step and went to my second ace in another 6500 switch and did all the other steps but vlan8 doesn't show up in "show vlans" and I cannot sync my configs. Anyone knoww hat the deal is?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you need to assign vlans to other ACE (on other Cat) as well. You need a minimum config on the other ACE that includes

ft interface

ft peer

and

ft group commands

Syed

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mbittman
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I found the vlan issue was I entered the svclc vlan-group command before I created the vlan. I took out the vlan-group settings and put them back in and now vlan 100 is showing up on the ace. I still cannot see the peer ACE.

lax-core-ace1/Admin# sh ft stats

HA Heartbeat Statistics

------------------------

Number of Heartbeats Sent : 22499

Number of Heartbeats Received : 0

Number of Heartbeats Missed : 22499

Number of Unidirectional HB's Received : 0

Number of HB Timeout Mismatches : 0

Num of Peer Up Events Sent : 0

Num of Peer Down Events Sent : 1

you need to assign vlans to other ACE (on other Cat) as well. You need a minimum config on the other ACE that includes

ft interface

ft peer

and

ft group commands

Syed

syed when do you sleep?

I was just logging on to say I got the peer relationship by setting the peer address to the ip of the other ACE which seems logical but read the documentation link above. It's just plain wrong. There is no need to create a vlan alias ip or point the peer to the alias.

There was a 5.6 quake 2 hrs ago here in BayArea

Hard to go to bed :) .

Syed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: