Configure Interesting Trafic on Virtual-PPP

Unanswered Question
Oct 30th, 2007

I ve configured L2tp from Cisco 870 via Pseudowire to my SP and the traffic is routed via Virtual-PPP interface. VPDN tunnel is coming up always. But i want the tunnel to be "UP" only when there is an interesting traffic routed on Virtual-PPP1. I tried by configuring "ppp idle timeout" but tunnel is coming up every 10 secs. Is there any way to configure so that VPDN tunnel comes up only when the interesting traffic hits the Virtual-PPP interface.. Attached is the config:

l2tp-class test

hostname LAC

pseudowire-class test

encapsulation l2tpv2

protocol l2tpv2 test

ip local interface FastEthernet4

interface Virtual-PPP1

ip unnumbered Loopback0

ip route-cache flow

load-interval 30

no cdp enable

ppp pap sent-username java.util.regex.Matcher[pattern=[a-zA-Z0-9_+-.]+@[a-zA-Z0-9][w.+-]+.[a-zA-Z]{2,} region=0,955 lastmatch=[email protected]] password xxx

ppp timeout idle 30 either

pseudowire x.x.x.x 200 pw-class test

ip route Virtual-PPP1

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mchin345 Mon, 11/05/2007 - 15:15

Configure the Firewall to implicitly permit L2TP traffic and apply the access list checking in virtual interface depends upon your traffic requirements.

arun kumar Mon, 11/05/2007 - 21:33

Thanks for your reply. But the network im trying to simulate for one of our customer is where he doesn't have firewall. CPE will directly connect to our network without any intervening firewall. I just want to check any commands specfic (like "ppp idle timeout") be available so that i can make use of it... and provide accounting to the customers at times only he logs in..

This Discussion