Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with broadcast traffic on PIX !!!

g-serghiou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have an issue with a UPS software to automatically shut down clients in the event of UPS battery draining completely after a power cut....

we have 3 different subnet on our PIX and the software uses broadcast method to discover clients and list them in the control panel...of course the PIX blicks broadcasts and hence my server control panel cannot 'discover' the clients.

What would you reccoment to pass broadcast traffic from a specific IP to other specific IPs (not all subnet) on the PIX E interfaces !!!! ????

Thanks,

George

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

With a router you could consider the use of ip helper adresses and a udp forward protocol xxx entry.

With a pix, this is not possible. You need to arrange the sender and all receiving hosts in the same subnet.

regards,

Leo

Hi Leo,

I am aware of the ip helper commands on the router... i tried looking up the same command for the PIX (im not very familiar with PIXs) and could not find it, and realized that it should not exist....

is there another way around this though... ??? without using something similat to ip helper-directed broadcasts commands ???

Thanks,

George

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: