Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridging with C350 series & C1200 series

ttuisawau
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a Cisco 350 series bridge that is currently the Root for 4 other bridges. 2 of which are 350series and 2 which are 1200series.

Within the past 2 weeks I added in the 2nd 1200 bridge on to this particular network.

Over the past 2 days I have noticed that the 350 Root has been having trouble remaining authenticated with the other 2 350 bridges.

My two questions are:

1. What is the maximum number of bridges that may be associated with a 350 series bridge configured as a root?

2.Would the addition of the 2nd 1200series bridge cause something like what I have been experiencing?

Please note that the 1st 1200 series bridge implemented has been running for the past year or so with no problems whatsoever.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as this bridges are used to connect buildings with a large number of users.....so this is pretty urgent.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. Does wireless work similar to half duplex?

Yes.

2. If there is more than one client bridged to the root then is the bandwidth eg 11Mbps shared amongst along the bridged clients? eg. 2Mbps each on full duplex?

Yes.

Think of a wireless link as a hub, shared media, shared bandwidth, etc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

There is no such maximum limit. It all depends onthe distance and the kind of antenna used. Make sure the second bridge is same as the first bridge.

Thanks.

Just another clarification please.

2. If there is more than one client bridged to the root then is the bandwidth eg 11Mbps shared amongst along the bridged clients? eg. 2Mbps each on full duplex?

Thank you.

Yes.

Yes.

Think of a wireless link as a hub, shared media, shared bandwidth, etc.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card