cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic stops routing over L2L tunnel all of the sudden

pathgroup
Level 1
Level 1

ASA 5510 connecting to remote Nortel (that I do not have access to). I am NATing from the ASA to a different IP. IKE and IPSec both come up fine, and traffic passes over the VPN correctly. Twice a day traffic just stops passing over the VPN. I check and the tunnel is still completely up, and I verified that traffic is still being encrypted. We are not receiving decrypted packets back according to the counters in the "show crypto ips sa" command. I clear the crypto IPS sa and let the tunnel rebuild, and traffic once again starts passing over correctly. Does anyone have any ideas at all?

2 Replies 2

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Remove security Plocy and put it back again...

Dharmesh

bluejacker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jason,

I have the same problem, we have 8 VPN connection but this particular one is a very very tough one. Pulling my hair out

It connection keep dropping after a while and then takes a long time to come back. I have to recreated the tunnel every time for it to connect.

had checked thorough all settings. All matches.

Can you please post replies that you receive or forward replies if you have.

roy.ston@cbuchanan.co.uk.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: