cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC enterprise

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

hi, does IPCC enterprise also use the IPCC express server as IVR and ICD server? One of my customer deployed IPCC enterprise. I don't have enough informaton so far except for the two IP IVR servers. I logged on and found they are exacly IPCC express IVR/ICD server. Is this right? I thought IPCC enterprise are totally different even the IVR/queue server.

7 Replies 7

antonio.vazquez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

No, you need a IP IVR license. To use CRS with ICM, in the CRS Administration page you must see above Subsystem menu item a subsystem named ICM Subsystem.If you don't see it, CRS cannot work with ICM.

If you find this post helpful, please rate it.

Regards

Since I don't have appadmin logon credential yet, I have to ask again: So it is CRS(the same engine for IPCC express) but just with additional license for ICM?

It is not additional license, it's a different license. You cannot have both IPCC Express and ICM Engine working together.

Regards

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

As Antonio mentions you need to deploy Cisco IPIVR for IPCC Enterprise. It is a diiferent license and you won't have available the ICD (rmcm) subsystem.

Also, you can deploy IPCC Express in an IPCC Enterprise Enviroment in a child/parent mode. In this case you will control IPCC Express agents from IPCC Enterprise, but you won't be able to use IPCC Express as an IVR for ICM.

Also, you can try to deploy CVP as an IVR solution for IPCC Enterprise.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

First thanks all for kind answer.I guess I didn't make my question clear. Let me rephrase it. I have experience on ipcc express and know it very well, but no experience/knowledge on enterprise at all. Recently one customer deployed IPCC enterprise. I went in one server(they called it ivr server) and found it runs the same engine as IPCC express does. let me clarify: I don't need ipcc express to run on the same engine as enterprise. My question is to confirm that: the ipcc enterprise uses the same type of cra enginee as ipcc express does, right?

and if it is, only difference is that for enterprise it's required to have icm subsystem instead of icd on it(i am assuming this comes when they order the system), correct?

Hi,

The differences between IPCC Express and Enterprise are much. They are completly different products.

You will have to use very different tools to set up the agents, skills and routing information. In Enterprise you will use tools located in the Distributor or Admin Workstation component to set up the Contact Center logic. There are other components as CallRouter, Logger, Peripheral gateways that they control the call routing decisions and the communications with external elements as CallManager, IVRs or traditional ACDs.

Cisco IPIVR is used to queue calls on a CallManager enviroment and to prompt callers with different messages. You can compare Cisco IPIVR with the IPCC Express Premium features, but without the ICD (RmCm) features (call center features).

But they are very, veru different products with a very different configuration and reporting tools.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

I think maybe the question is more simple...?

"CRS" is really the umbrella for both UCCX and IP-IVR. The licensing is different, yes, but I think what you are asking or speculating is whether they use the same engine..?

UCCX and IP-IVR use the same engine, but IP-IVR does not provide any ACD function. In UCCE, the ICM provides the ACD function, and IP-IVR is used for queuing, primarily, though it can also perform typical IVR functions.

So think of IP-IVR as UCCX without the "ICD" Subsystem. This is replaced by ICM in a UCCE environment, because all of your Agents, Skill Groups, other configuration and ACD routing logic are contained there.

- Bill

- Bill