Canada Jobs

Answered Question
Oct 31st, 2007

Hi.

I'm from Brazil.

Someone can tell me about jobs in Canada? (voice (CCVP) and routing & switching (CCNP)?

There are variety incentive (+ Quebec)to brazilians. Someone can tell me about the job market?

Thanks

Peterson

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by dominic.caron about 9 years 2 months ago

Hi,

It depend on experience and education. In Quebec City, the job market is influence by the provincial government. Private companies give a bit more. We have a hard time filling junior tech position(40K). Base salary range is about 50-80K with college.

In Montreal, it all depend on the nature of your job. The job market is similar to the US

In the Ottawa region, salaries are influence by federal goverment. 60-90K.

And...the housing market is not crashing here. If you make more money in one market expect the price of living to be high.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
dominic.caron Fri, 11/16/2007 - 07:58

Hi,

It depend on experience and education. In Quebec City, the job market is influence by the provincial government. Private companies give a bit more. We have a hard time filling junior tech position(40K). Base salary range is about 50-80K with college.

In Montreal, it all depend on the nature of your job. The job market is similar to the US

In the Ottawa region, salaries are influence by federal goverment. 60-90K.

And...the housing market is not crashing here. If you make more money in one market expect the price of living to be high.

pgcristovam Fri, 11/16/2007 - 08:34

Hi Dominic!

Thank for answer me!

But what's a difficulty for junior tech position?

You know any site for jobs in Canada?

Thanks

Peterson!

arie-rechtschaffer Sat, 11/17/2007 - 14:11

Hello,

I'm looking for a junior tech position but in Montreal, not in Quebec City. Do you know anybody who's looking? Thanks.

Ehsan M. Tue, 11/20/2007 - 01:59

Hi, Im in vancouver but looking. cisco market seems to be dead over hear and honestly, I'm so frustrated!

dominic.caron Tue, 11/20/2007 - 06:04

Wow

I'm always surprise by the difference between job market. I'm receiving headhunters calls on a regular basis. They propose high salary but say goodbye to your life quality.

jfenton34 Fri, 11/23/2007 - 07:04

Dom, what's your opinion/experience on the IT job market for Montreal?

bwgray Tue, 11/20/2007 - 08:02

Canada is a great country, but the healthcare system is not a fantastic reason to come here.

It's considered "free" by many, however we pay income tax through the nose for this free system. I would say between 35%-45% of what your going to make here will go to tax.

flash2200 Tue, 11/20/2007 - 09:12

Maybe getting off topic for this forum but I disagree... Canada's Healthcare system is outstanding. A family can be living in poverty here and they will always still be able to get health care services for parents and their kids. People don't lose their houses here because they can't afford to pay their medical bills. Our taxes are a bit higher but our society is vastly stronger for it. USA should learn a lesson on this one...

As for job opportunities Canada is a great place to work and live. They can't get enough people in Alberta with all the oil and gas work out there. Lots of opportunities for skilled IT types in Toronto,Ottawa and Vancouver as well.

I'd be happy to recommend coming north but do keep in mind that having experience counts as much here as it does anywhere. If you're just coming with a piece of paper you may have a hard time.

Cheers - Peter

wbohsainmnet Thu, 11/29/2007 - 12:10

Ken I'm going to study my Master in the UoA in the Master in internetworking I'm finishing my CCNP and CCVP this year do you if easy to find a partial time job in Edmonton

Actions

This Discussion