cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating AsyncOS: Loosing any settings/protocols?

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

On every AsyncOS update, I'm not sure what happens to my existing settings and protocols. :oops:

How can I be sure, that "nothing" will be deleted or resetted?
Would IronPort give us some warnings about that?

4 Replies 4

The upgrade (changing OS versions) shouldn't change any settings unless we say in the release notes. There have been a very few times where we had to change something so settings couldn't be taken over.

Example would be switching from 4.7 -> 5.0 Reporting was completely changed and all setting related to reporting had been lost.

Regards,

Mark

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Just upgraded/updated from 5.x to the newest available 5.5.0-430 version. Everything worked fine.

Vinesh_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to share my input with you on the lost of some settings.
I have one of my C300 clients and recently they did an upgrade to 5.5 and they told me that they did lose some settings. For example, the relaylist was empty after upgrade. We then had to re-configure.

It's the first time they had an issue like this,but we don;t know what happened.

Rgds,
Vinesh

I have noticed that the entry for Return Addresses "Reports" seems to default back to a blank state whenever an upgrade is done. (5.1 and 5.5)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: