Views
Helpful
Replies

Prefixing digits to incoming calls

dumble4me
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having a Voice gateway router where a PRI has been connected. I am using 4 digit extensions using in my network with Cisco Call Manager. I have created dial-peers with "destination-pattern ...." pointing to my Call Manager.

My service provider is sending only 3 digits to my router. Suppose if I am having a DID number of 28971234 for my extension 1234, I am getting only the last 3 digits ie 234 in my router. So in this case, router is not able to route the calls.

What shall I do in my router so that he will prefix 1 before 234 , make it 1234 and send it to Call Manager?

Thanks,

Pete

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

are you using MGCP with the CM? If so, all settings must be done on CM and not on router.

If using H.323, you can configure either in CM or router. For router, you can have:

voice translation-profile makedid

translate called 100

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 // /1/

voice-port x/y/z:15 (or 23)

translation-profile incoming makedir

You will then need to configure the DP pointing to CM so that the destination pattern is 1...

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: