cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemails not delivered for one user

roysand2002
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that when she leaves a message for another user it does not show up. We setup for unified with Exchange. The voicemail does not show up in the other users e-mail either. I read where is could be an AD issue with permissions. I have checked all of these with no resolution to the problem. Please help.

3 Replies 3

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Firstly verify that the particular user AD account has inheritable permissions enabled, you may already done this and verify under security for this user in AD that it has the unity permissions.

I assume that there is no MWI for this particular user? If this is the case please can you force a MWI resynch for this subscriber. Is it successful? or does it remain pending?

If the later is the case, then I would verify which messagestore this user is located in. Is she in a different store to that other users, is it a new message store? If other users are in the same messagestore do they have samilar problems?

The reason for all the question is that I have come across instances where new messages have been created, and after running the permissions wizard the particular new messagestores were missing the MsgStoreSvc account and I had to manually add it. This was on 4.2(1) incidentally.

Regards

Allan.

Please kindly rate this post if you find the information helpful.

To recap, in ADUC go to view, advanced features. Open the user account and click the security tab. Make sure the unitymsgstoresvc has send as rights. Click the Advanced button. The biggest piece that jumped right out was her individual user account was not set to “inherit from the parent permissions…”

I don't think that fixed anything right off the bat, but what I did notice was that the unitymsgstoresvc account had all sorts of explicitly granted read permissions that no other user account seemed to have. After I cleared those, she was able to send and receive voicemail.

Problem resolved.