Views
Helpful
Replies

MGX-8850 ( Command???)

hassan_syed6
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am just wondering if someone has seen the following command on the Cisco MGX. I can't seem to find any information on google or cisco. This command doesn't look complete to me. But any ideas, if someone has seen the following command or if it's missing what's the COMPLETE one is.

Will apprecaite it...

" ping atm sw "

Is there anything else after sw or any ideas.

Regards,

Hassan..

4 Replies 4

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

There is no such direct command called ping atm sw . Waht are you trying tp ping . Trying to ping the ATM switch. Normally VP I/VCI of the ATM is pinged.

Hello,

I have found the right command. But trying to find out the details. I am searching cisco pages and google right now to get my concept clear. Following is what i am talking about.

Router# 1#ping atm switch 1.2101 1 2101 ?

end-loopback Send End to End Loopback

seg-loopback Send segment loopback

What is this end-loopback and seg-loopback. Does end-loopback means it's pinging the loopback of CE on the other side. So i am confuse and searching for a document for clear understanding.

Thanks,

Hassan

End-to-End is an ATM OAM cell sent to the ATM interface of the far-side device...for instance:

MGX -- ATM-switch -- GSR

The end-to-end would be sending the OAM to the subinterface/VC on the ATM interface on the GSR. The segment loopback is VC-based verification between the MGX and the connected ATM-switch. Many applications connect the MGX directly into the router so the end-to-end and segment loopback may, in your case, be the same.

Hope that makes sense.

Hello,

In our case we have a MGX, where on one slot we have RPM (PE). So on PE we have atm defined and it connects with the MGX and going through the Telco switches

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: