Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1802 - DSLAM problem

papasot1978
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have a problem with a cisco 1802 router.When i connect the router to the ADSL line, the CD led is green but the router cant authenticate with the ISP.The ADSL line is 4532/768 Kbits. When i connect the router to a 1024/256 ADSL line (with the same configuration) the router connects with the ISP and the PPP led is green. The IOS ver is the c180x-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T1. The only i can think, is that when i see the dsl stats, the capacity usage for the uplink is at 100%.

Please help!

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

if you are positive that the same configuration must work on both lines, check that you got an IP address assigned. Has been the line been completely provisioned by the ISP ?

The line is ok, because when i connect a very cheap router (ADSLoISDN)to the line it connects without any problem. The cisco cant obtain an IP, the Virtual Access protocol is down. I think is a problem with the compatibility with the local DSLAM or the router cant play with 4Mbit ADSL line (NOT ADSL2 or ADSL2+ line. Any ideas?

Well if would help you you could share output of "show dsl int".

Anyway, you can try to upgrade ADSL from:

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/access/800

the one you want is latest 3.0.xx and there is matching installation guide.

The output of the "show dsl interface atm 0" is in the attachment file.

Hi,

the interface trains up OK and you have recent adsl FW.

Something else is working, please send config and "show atm pvc X/Y" whre X/y are your VPI/VCI values. If usuing PPP, also take "debug ppp nego" and "debug ppp auth" with "term mon".

The router with the exact same configuration works fine with an ADSL line (ANNEX B) at 1024/256 speed. The VPI/VCI are ok (8/35).I have send e-mail to the ISP and i 'm waiting for an answer.I think that the problem is the upload of the line(768).You can not buy from the provider a line at 4096/768,but a line at 4096/256 (readind the offers at the providers web page). Also the main telphone company in Greece (OTE) changes the DSLAMs to SIEMENS ones. It's very strange problem. The next time i will visit my customer i will have with me a cisco 876 to test again the line. Thank you very much! I will post the solution (if its possible) of the problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card