Passed CCNA today, here's how...

Unanswered Question
Oct 31st, 2007

Hey everybody. These forums were really helpful to me while studying for the ccna exam, so now it's time for me to give something back. I passed the 640-801 today on my first try with a 96.1. I was very suprised to have gotten such a high score, and I believe its a direct result of the materials I studied. I've only been studying for this exam for about two months, however in this last month I've put in probably about 120 hours.

First off, I read the Sybex ccna study guide from cover to cover. It's very helpful although it does leave out some important details, especially NAT. Then I got the excellent TestOut CCNA interactive study program, which was invaluable. I went through the sybex book so quickly that I didn't retain a lot of specific knowledge, I really just got a basic understanding of how internetworking works. The testout program really helped me with all those specific details. Just like back in school when you actually read the textbook before class, the instructor explaining everything to you again really helps the details and subtleties sink in. Once I felt that I had studied the material as much as I could, I started taking practice test after practice test. The chapter tests in the sybex book were a little too easy in my opinion, the testout tests were a bit more challenging and true to the actual exam. I also used the pass4sure practice tests which were the best of the bunch. Some of the questions on the actual exam were VERY similar to questions in the pass4sure exams, so that helped me a lot. Last but not least, the practice questions right here on the cisco website were very helpful as well, defintely worth checking out since they're free. Also, don't bother with the preplogic exams they are AWFUL, completely worthless in my opinion.

I really hope this helps someone on their ccna exam, let me tell you it is a great feeling to pass that test!

Good luck to all of you!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
arifmscelectronics Wed, 10/31/2007 - 23:08

I have the pass4sure. In that there is round about 130 pages in acrobet reader and about 190 question.

You was having that pass4 sure only

Actions

This Discussion