cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping a workstation after VPN has been installed

Dooops2007
Level 1
Level 1

I have a workstation that I cannot ping once I install Cisco VPN on it. I ping the server without VPN installed and it responds fine. I install VPN and the workstation no longer pings. I stop the Cisco service and I can ping the workstation.

This is a clean install of Cisco VPN 4.0.5(D). We have the same setup on several other workstations and it works fine. I checked and it does not really have any odd software that might be causing a conflict either.

Does anyone know of some settings within VPN that might be causing this issue? Or something else that is causing this?

I will subscribe to this thread so I will respond to questions rather quickly if their is additional information needed.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Dooops2007
Level 1
Level 1

So I figured out the pinging problem. If you open up your VPN client..Click on Options - Stateful Firewall (Always On) <-- make sure that is disabled and you are golden.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: