cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAPP Access points disassociating with the Controller

darrenshaw
Level 1
Level 1

I am currenlty having difficulty with random access points disassociating with their contollers. All this is viewed from the WCS.

Current Version of the access points are 12.4(3g)JA2, Software Version on the controllers is 4.1.185.0

I have upgraded the controllers and still the problem exsists. We have 4 controllers and at the moment only one is in use and working ok, but as you know this can only hold so many access points, and we have a few more to install. AS soon as we bring up the other controllers all the access points move, some then settled down but others begin to flap.

Has anyone had problems with access points flapping and disassociating with their controllers. I have tried many ways and now come to a complete blank.

any help or advice would be gratefully appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you configure the access points with the primary, secondary and tertiary controller? Also verify that your mobility group is configured correctly with all WLC's. Oh... check to see if master controller is enabled... should be disabled.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Insure that you are not having power issues as the LWAPP enabled APs are very sensitive to the quality of PoE power they receive. Also make sure that your switches are not set to throttle traffic to easily. I have had switches on networks before throttling the port the AP is connected to based on the usage of that port. After all, an AP is basically a big wireless hub! LOL Finally, insure that your DHCP is not disassociating the lease on the APs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: