cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect often encount errors ?????

rico_hao40
Level 1
Level 1

When I implemented AnyConnect for the VPN access, many of the users report errors when they downloading or disconnecting anyconnect client. I attached some screenshot. Other errors like " Cisco AnyConnect VPN client downloader has encounted a problems need to close" " Active x control not be launched"

Looks like AnyConnect is not stable, is any special requirement for AnyConnect like Local-PC security setting, antivirus, java, etc ???

Thanks

4 Replies 4

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

There are no special requirements for using Anyconnect client and all that is required is mentioned in the release notes. If you are experiencing download problems try to lower the MTU size used by the client. If this still not helps use some application like Dr.TCP and lower the MTU used by Windows itself.

Are your users local Admins on their machines? If not, you'll need to pre-install anyconnect or push it out with a software management solution (we're using Microsoft SMS.)

Also, are you using the Cisco Secure Desktop for Host Scanning (e.g. doing a registry check before allowing the system to connect?) CSD ActiveX requires Local Admin privs, MS Java is power user (I think) and Sun Java is any user.

New updates are available for ASAs (8.0.3) CSD (3.2.1) and AnyConnect (2.1). Perhaps something in one of the updates will fix the problem. I'll be rolling out AnyConnect to 1500+ systems shortly so I'm hoping these updates will do the trick.

Hi all,

i have the same problem!

I tested ssl vpn client on WinXP SP2 workstation and Win2003 Server STD.

On Win2003 this issue is not present!

Any idea?

Thanks

Diego

Its probably either a permissions issue (not a local admin and can't install what it needs) or maybe you don't have Java or the ability to run ActiveX on the XP machine. Read the Release notes - this is pretty well documented. If you still have problems try a different browser (Firefox works well for me.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: