Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM 5.02 on PIX-515E

Not applicable

When I use ASDM for administering my PIX-515E (v7.0), I have been getting the following 2 error messages if I refresh the screen after being idle in the session for about 2-3 minutes or so:

Error Message 1

ASDM is temporarily unable to contact the firewall.

Error Message 2

ASDM is unable to contact the PIX. Please check the configuration and your connection and then try again by clicking the Refresh button.

These messages have just recently come about and I'm not sure why. Is there a timeout setting for idle ASDM session? I couldn't find any.

Thanks,

Bill Fanning

2 Replies 2

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What version of Java are you using. If you have Java 1.6, can you downgrade to 1.5 and see if the problem goes away.

Also, below is the URL that lists the Client PC Operating System and Browser Requirements

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa70/asdm50/release/notes/rn505.html#wp231810

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

Not applicable

Arul,

Thanks for your post. That solved my issue. I had just recently upgraded my Java to 1.6, so I downgraded and everything is working like it used to.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: