cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Louder Ring on the 7921 Phones?

rwamstutz
Level 1
Level 1

All, is there a louder ring on the 7921 phones? I remember there being some for the 7920. Is there a way to load new ringers on the 7921s?

8 Replies 8

STEFAN CHRISTEN
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

The 7921 is using the same "Ringlist.xml" as the other phones. So you can add and use your own rintones.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7906g_7911g/4_2/english/administration/guide/11cust_ps379_TSD_Products_Administration_Guide_Chapter.html

Regards

Stefan

Thank you. How do I edit the ringlist.xml file in CM 5.1? I found the TFTP upload page and uploaded the loud ring tones, now I need to edit the ringlist.xml file.

Your help is appreciated.

All, I found these commands, but I am having a hard time finding the ringlist.xml file. Can anyone advise how I can find, open and edit this file?

You'll find the Ringlist.xml on the CallManager TFTP Server.

Here's a link on how to edit:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008055af5e.html#wp1011519

The format is quite simple

Regards

Stefan

The Ringlist.xml file can be uploaded from the CLI by entering the following command:-

file get tftp Ringlist.xml

You will then be prompted for the SFTP server details for where the file is to be downloaded.

Regards

Allan.

Pls rate helpful posts.

How can I download from the CLI. I want to open, modify the current ringlist.xml file. I want to see what it is now, so i dont upload and over-write that file with my new file.

If your concerned about over-writing, the you can simply view the file from the CLI and copy the output.

Run the following command from the CLI:-

'file view tftp Ringlist.xml'

Select n to page down, through the file and then q to quit once you reach the end of the file.

Regards

Allan.

HTH.

ok, I found it and can view it, how do I edit, it? how do i copy it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: