cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

blank catalyst 3560

iceman39_2004
Level 1
Level 1

I hope someone can please help me, I have a catalyst 3560 series switch that was bought at a auction and the switch did not have the ios installed on it, I was able to get the bin file loaded on it and can get access to it through the console port but from what i have been able to find out about it the switch should have a web interface gui to set it up with please help on getting it installed into the switch, thanks in advance Dan

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dan

It depends what you loaded onto the switch. If you loaded just the .bin file then you can only configure if from the CLI.

If you loaded the .tar file then that includes the html pages etc. needed to configure the switch via the web interface.

Jon

iceman39_2004
Level 1
Level 1

How do i load the tar file into the switch is it loaded the same way as the bin file?

Dan

Attached is a link to 3560 configuration document that shows how to upload .tar file to switch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swiosfs.html#wp1073579

HTH

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: