CCM 6.0 install with DNS error

Answered Question
Nov 1st, 2007

hi, i am having problems installing communication manager 6.0 with dns. I have an error message saying "host name returned by DNS server for IP address does not agree with the locally defined hostname. There is a configuration mismatch."

My dns server can ping the call manager, and if I ping the host name of the call manager it works as well

do i need any special configuration on the call manager?

see attachement...

Attachment: 
I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by pklos about 9 years 1 month ago

This means that you hostname or FQDN attached to IP address on DNS server is different than defined during installation.

--

regards,

pk

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
pklos Thu, 11/01/2007 - 16:10

This means that you hostname or FQDN attached to IP address on DNS server is different than defined during installation.

--

regards,

pk

jfladouceur Mon, 06/30/2008 - 10:33

hi, yes I did fix it. The problem for me was I was using host names with capital letters in my Linux install. And a windows DNS server. Linux is more case sensitive then windows. Even though I created the same names in windows with the capital letters it didn't work...Windows brought them down to small letters. By using a host name with no capital letters. Things worked for me... because both the linux CCM and windows DNS were using the names the same way

Thucnk_FPT_FIS_6 Tue, 07/01/2008 - 02:54

Hi Jfladuoceur.

I have already tried using no capital letters for CCM Server names. But the error still appears.

My configurations are :

hostname: hcmsub1a

Primary DNS : 10.149.80.5

Secondary DNS(optional) :

Domain: ipcc.vinaphone.com.vn

In DNS server , I can ping to CCM (installing ) successfully.

Please make some suggestions for me.

Thank.

jfladouceur Tue, 07/01/2008 - 04:12

hi, I remember I had one of my microsoft technicians do a command I think nslookup or something like that that showed us exacly how the DNS server was resolving the name. That`s how we figured out the mismatch. The only other thing i can think about would be IP connectivity... Or domain mismatch.

I just though of something else. Do you have a reverse lookup zone in your DNS configuration, I think that was another thing that was missing in my configuration...

Good luck

Thucnk_FPT_FIS_6 Tue, 07/01/2008 - 22:50

That's great.

My installation works well. I created some entries for Hostname servers in forward zone and Reverse lookup.

Thank you shahid and jfladouceur.

Actions

This Discussion