cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN QUESTION

mrunal_47
Level 1
Level 1

I have one hub and two spokes configured with multipoint GRE on each router. IPsec comes up between hub and each spoke and "show ip nhrp" and "show crypto isakmp sa" show two spokes on hub router. Now I need to see that spoke to spoke communicate directly without a hub in between. How can I do that? Ping any LAN IP on spoke side? I tried that but traceroute still shows hub in between. What I can do to make spoke to spoke communicate directly? Is there anything extra needed?

Please provide your feedback ,

Thanks!

Saurabh

2 Replies 2

htaluja_2
Level 1
Level 1

If you are running EIGRP, under EIGRP type in

no split-horizon eigrp ; where x is the as #.

Also, if your dmvpn routers have default routes ie 0.0.0.0/0 pointing to the ISP on all routers that is ok. IF you have specific static routes for DMVPN hub public on DMVPN spoke router, you would also need to add a static route for the other dmvpn spoke public address on your first dmvpn spoke and vice versa. Hope this helps.

Sorry, the split-horizon command is an interface command, therefore you need to enter this under the tunnel interface configuration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: