cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame-Relay CIR,bc & be Configurations

susheel.p
Level 1
Level 1

If a customer has subscribed for a CIR of 256 Kbps and a burst of 16 Kbps , what are the Values that i shall set for

frame-relay cir , frame-relay bc , frame-relay be and frame-relay mincir in map-class frame-relay.

are there any specific Ratios (comparing with cir given)for bc and be that we need to set.

5 Replies 5

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sir,

I read the PDF available on this site.but still one doubt i have.Customer has subscribed for access-rate of 64 Kbps and Burst of 16 Kbps.

If i set CIR of 64 Kbps , bc of 8 Kbps , what is the value that i shall set for be. is it 16 Kbps or 2 Kbps so that when multiplied by the Multiplication Value bet. CIR & bc which is 8 here , then it becomes 16 Kbps total.

can you please suggest the value that i shall set for be.

> what is the value that i shall set for be.

You don't necessarily need to set a value for be if the telco hasn't provided. From your post, they've only provided the bc.

Your bc value should be 16000

i am on the Service Provider side i:e i have to set be value on my router interface for the customer,so what value for be shall i set in the map-class.

i am on the Service Provider side i:e i have to set be value on my router interface for the customer,so what value for be shall i set in the map-class.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card