Helpful
Replies

Cisco 871-K9

sushansson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would appreciate if someone could please answer to following question:

What is the speed (MHz) of device Cisco 871-k9?

Thank you, Susanne

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

hi,

Cisco does not release CPU and clock information, please use the performance guidelines (attached) to decide if the 871 is enough for you needs or not.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Cisco doesn't release the speeds, no. . .

But a quick check on Google when I had an 871 that worked showed that the processor either ran at 166 or 266MHz. I can't remember which.

The ease way you MAY be able to find out is to do a sh ver. . .it'll tell you the processor in the router. You can plug that into a quick Google search and sometimes come up with a number, unless it's a processor specific to Cisco (which, not all are).

HTH

edit:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC8272

Quick search of your processor. But as Paolo said, Cisco doesn't release the specific speed, and Google will sometimes only give a general speed.

Hi

Thank you for your reply and the attached document which will help to determine about what could be the clock speed.

For you others who reads this message: Please be aware that the pps in the performance document is calculated based on cpu load 100% plus the pps is only unidirectional. I recommend a CPU load not higher than 70% and divide the pps with 2 to get bidirectional(duplex).

Thank you,

Susanne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco