cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clean Access Server Virtual Gateway Out Band

remco.gussen
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me how to install a CAS / CAM server for an existing Wireless LAN (WLC's) ? There is a document on the Cisco site for a NAC and WLC config, but that is a "real gateway" config. I would like to install a out of band "virtual gateway" solution.

Is it posible to use the CAS just for virus / patch scanning ? Authentication is working via an ACS RADIUS server...

Thanks

5 Replies 5

sathappan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You cannot go for Out of band mode for Wireless. You have to use Inband, but it can be real Ip gateway or virtual gateway.

For Inband Virtual gateway configuration, you can refer to the " secure wireless design" in the cisco.com

Sorry, I made a mistake...

What I was trying to ask..... How can you configure In band Virtual Gateway for wireless ? There are documents for in band real gateway.. That is not what I want...

Is it posible to use the CAS just for virus / patch scanning ? Authentication is done by an ACS RADIUS server...

Thanks.

Hi,

The following link says the method to configure Inband VG for wireless.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns386/c649/ccmigration_09186a0080871da5.pdf

yes, if you mean the security policy to ensure that the users have the updated virus and patches.

HTH

sathappan.s

Ok, I'm going to read the doc. So if I want to set up PEAP to authenticate wireless clients by the ACS (RADIUS server in WLC points to ACS), that is posbile. I can use the NAC just for check security policies...

You have to set up Authentication server in Clean Access Manager as well. It could be your Radius server or LDAP with backend AD.

Define the default role which will be assigned to the user after the authentication in the authentication servers part and map the rules and requirements to the this role in Clean Acces Agent section-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: