VTP question on CCNA 640-801

Unanswered Question
Nov 2nd, 2007

I ran into a slimlet question I could figure out even after looking at my 801 and 802 books. It showed a bunch of switches and a consoled connected into a VTP client. The question asked you to choose which of the other may switches the client got its VLAN update from. After running every show vlan and show vtp command, I guessed based on the diagram. Ideas?

The third of 5 questions in the simlet showed a source and destination mac address and asked you to choose the 3 ports it will forward out of. I looked in the mac-address-table and did not see either S or D. My first idea was to flood but that was not an option. I ended up picking the 2 out of 3 trunk ports that were listed and one of the other many up/up interfaces. Any other ideas on this one?

I can't say enough how important it is to keep moving. I took too long on the 3 simulator and 4 simlets and ran out of time. The last thing I saw was 40 seconds left and I was on question 48 of 53. I ended up with a 847!!! How cruel is that? Back to try again on the last day 801 is available.

Overall Rating: 1 (1 ratings)
arifmscelectronics Fri, 11/02/2007 - 10:19

Other simulator question was from which topic, please give me some idea, and if u want to know that answer of your question the in this forum it is there, the topic is vlan forum posted by me ie arifmscelectronics. You go the output is also there. Please tell me the other simulator question. Sunday is my exam

cruiserrg Fri, 11/02/2007 - 14:34

I got hung up on a question just like you are describing. I could not figure out how to determine switch by mac-address since only the swtich names were given.

How can you determine the host name of the switch with only a mac-address?

I hope you get an answer.

xs_echoss Sun, 11/04/2007 - 06:20

in 'show vtp status' you will read the last update address(either MAC or IP, I could not remember now). Then you can use 'show cdp neighbor detail' to find those IP or MAC addresses.

cdp is always ur friend to find unknown IP address and other information.

miller811 Sun, 11/04/2007 - 09:30

use the show spanning-tree vlan XX

this will short the root bridge of each vlan.

you can also use show interface trunk to see which ports are trunking.

Actions

This Discussion