Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Directory Services script question

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

Hey all -

This is a relatively simple request for all you MPDS gurus out there. I have MP Directory Services currently running with accounts syncing. Well, the customer want to take all the user accounts in the existing OU, create NEW Global Security groups in AD and position those GS groups as a way to organize and add new admins for all their enterprise apps, including MeetingPlace. I haven't used an MMU script to reference Security Groups before, so my question is two-fold:

1) are Global and Universal Security groups a supported container to sycn user accounts using MPDS

2) and, if so, what would be the proper LDAP naming conventions to use to reference this LDAP path.

For example, the accounts will be in SecGroupA, under OU named MeetingPlaceA in abc.business.org domain, so, should my path read as follows:

cn=SecGroupA,ou=MeetingPlaceA,dc=abc,dc=business,dc=com

Should I use cn or dcn or what?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Generally updates are made when changes are written to the change log based upon when the metalink is scheduled to connect and read them. What is the status of these accounts in DC directory? What is the status of these accounts in LDAP?

Are the user accounts still in the directory that MeetingPlace synchs with?