Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 2801 configuration

sakthicisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hai all,

I want to configure DHCP server for PPPoE connection in Router 2801.can anyone give more information about the same.

Thank u in advance.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you explain more exactly what do you want to do, to what are you connected, etc.

Thank you for your concern. This is the Fiber to the home GPON project. The CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) will have two Ethernet ports. We want to simulate the Internet Service Provisioning for each customer place. In our lab setup Router 2801 will act as ISP router with DHCP enabled in that. It is connected to the Switch 3560 and then the access equipment. The connection between 2801 and 3560 will be under one VLAN - X. If we configure the CPE ethernet port for VLAN - X and initiate PPPoE connection from a host computer connected to the port. The host computer should connect to the router 2801 in layer 2 through VLNA-X and get an IP address from the pool of IPs configured in the router 2801. We want to configure PPPoE and DHCP in router 2801...

thank u in advance

Hi,

this is your basic configuration guide for PPPoE server:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a00800800f4.html

Then there are additional modules and feature depending on what do you want to do.

Note, DHCP is not used with PPPoE.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank u very much for the reply....

Is there any solutions for the problem wat i have said in earlier message,if i cant use DHCP in PPPoE??I have explained clearly wat i want to do.

I wud appreciate if i get a solution for that.

Thank u in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card