cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling Ping on a site to site tunnel

jstewart33
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering what needs to happen in order to ping two machines in the network list in a site to site tunnel to test basic connectivity.

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Could you provide a few more details ie.

1) Do you have the VPN tunnel working

2) Is is just that the ping is not working ?

3) If it is ping issue could you send copy of both configs of VPN peers (minus any sensitive info)

Jon

The tunnel is working. I'm just curious what if any thing needs to happen to allow ping on a 3000 series concentrator. I can't send you both configs because the other side is a customer. I'm pretty sure he's using a pix though. We have one machine that works flawlessly in the tunnel passing 80, 8080 traffic. We both added two more servers and neither can connect. I'm just trying to troubleshoot from my end and I'm pretty green to L2L tunnels as you can tell. As long as the peer lists are the same on both sides it should work. Correct? Just trying to figure out what keeping this thing from working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: