cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1841 required for QOS?

michael.ball
Level 1
Level 1

We are about to implement QOS on our WAN and are considering upgrading our older routers to the 1841 model. The current routers run the ipbase image but my supplier says that an 1841 with ipbase does not support some QOS functionality. What is the minimum image required to support all QOS features on an 1841?

Thanks,

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, as Arul said, you will be Ok with the 1841, even with the IP base image.

If you can wait for the distributors to receive stock, you can look at the 1861 that supports voice with analog and ISDN interfaces, plus the IP phones as well.

WRT QoS using voice, all what you want is LLQ, that is in all the images.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

IP Based on 1841 supports the below QOS Features.

QoS Bandwidth Estimation

QoS Device Manager (QDM)

QoS for Virtual Private Networks

QoS Packet Marking

QoS Priority Percentage CLI Support

Quality of Service (QoS) - Classification Only

Quality of Service (QoS) Queuing

Query Mode Definition Per Trustpoint

Query Multiple Servers during Certificate Revocation Check

Is QoS the only feature that is driving you to a different feature set other than the IP Base or are there other requirements. I am curious to know what QoS Feature that the supplier is referring to. Please share if you get this information.

Also, please use the feature navigator to compare images and this should give you a detail list of differences between different images/feature sets.

www.cisco.com/go/fn

Regards,

Arul

Please rate all helpful posts

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, what the supplier actually said was that ipbase supports 'some' QOS functionality, which lead me to wonder what functionality I was missing out on. We are running VOIP between our branches and just want it to work well, everything else is currently being handled with an ipbase image on 1721's.

Hi, as Arul said, you will be Ok with the 1841, even with the IP base image.

If you can wait for the distributors to receive stock, you can look at the 1861 that supports voice with analog and ISDN interfaces, plus the IP phones as well.

WRT QoS using voice, all what you want is LLQ, that is in all the images.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card