cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cdp on sc0 interface

MZydorczyk2
Level 1
Level 1

How can you enable cdp on just the sc0 interface? Our private(management) connection is plugged into the mgmt port on the supervisor. So how do you specify that port, if you can? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct. If you disable CDP on the other ports, then they will not see any advertisements.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It makes no sense to have CDP running on sc0 since sc0 is a virtual interface. Instead, you want to have CDP enabled on all ports that connect to other managed Cisco devices. This way, you will be able to find all of your directly connected neighbors.

So it sounds like you just want to enable CDP on your supervisor ethernet port (port 1/1, for example). In that case:

set cdp enable 1/1

Thanks for the response. However, I dont think I can do that because as I mentioned, we have a public and private network. So if I enabled cdp on 1/1 (the uplink), it would be visible on the public net, which my director does not want.

It doesnt sound like there is any way for me to do this then unless the private was plugged into a port other than the mgmt on the supervisor.

EDIT: Unless...if the other ports have cdp disabled, then they shouldnt get any of the advertisements correct?

Correct. If you disable CDP on the other ports, then they will not see any advertisements.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: