cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Neighbourship

raghavbhargava
Level 1
Level 1

My Question is that if there are 2 routers .Router A & Router B . There are in same AS.

How many TCP Sessions (for IBGP) can be created between these two?

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Raghav

Unless there is some aspect of your question that I do not understand, there will be 1 IBGP session between A and B and there will be 1 TCP session supporting that IBGP session.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

sdoremus33
Level 3
Level 3

BGP Neighbor from rtra pointing to rtrb which creates route in map then BGP sessio0n (1) for each neighbor relationship

paul.matthews
Level 5
Level 5

I suspect there may be a little more to your question than first appears.

It would be normal to just have a single TCP session between the routers.

It *may* be possible using update-source to create more, but there would be no point, as the router ID is exchanged.

Is there some issue you are tryingto get round?

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Are you doing this for redundancy? If so, the more usual approach is to peer between loopback addresses, and make sure the loopbacks are propagated via all the redundant paths in the internal routing protocol (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF). That way, the single neighbor relationship stays up as long as the loopbacks are reachable from each other via the IGP.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco