cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Router/Logger Pair vs. ICM Roggers

b-byrne
Level 1
Level 1

We are considering moving from a Router/Logger pair to ICM Roggers. We will max out around 500 agents so the Roggers definately meet the specs. I am trying to locate a document explaining the pros and cons of using Roggers. Does one exist on the web?

2 Replies 2

jasonprescott
Level 1
Level 1

the SRND is located here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1844/products_implementation_design_guide_book09186a008057a473.html

I think the only considerations are number of agents/number of calls

jeff.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

Sizing is really your underlying factor (BHCA, Agent count, etc). There is no difference between Routers and Loggers vs. Roggers - it's the same software only co-installed.

Loggers (being the SQL Db) tend to be I/O intensive and the Call Routers tend to be RAM intensive so they actually nest together pretty well as a co-installation.

Pros and Cons?

Pros:

- Less TCO in servers, support and maintenance for the application

- Potentially smaller Carbon/HVAC/Electrical Footprint (Go Green!)

- It appears to fit the needs of your enterprise

Cons:

- Same eggs, less baskets

- If you need to reboot the Logger, you're also rebooting your Call Router (as an example)

- If GS has an immediate need to expand 10 fold, you have to worry about a redesign in the back office.

I can't really qualify the ICM upgrade process as a pro or con here, it's more of a trade off in my mind.

/Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: