Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridge mode CSM - Serverfarm with hosts in different vlans

a-ford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to answer a question while doing design. I am planning on deploying a CSM in bridge mode with multiple vlans. I need to create a serverfarm which has real servers in two separate server side vlans.

I would then present the Vserver on the client side only of one of the vlans (I always like to specify where I want the vserver). Whe traffic comes in to this vserver, will the CSM appropriately switch traffic to both vservers? I think it will but don't have access to a csm right now to mock it up.

Thanks

Adam

4 Replies 4

You cannot have 3 vlans configured in bridge mode with all vlans using same address space.

You can use mixed mode to achieve your goal.

It is possible to have Vlan 10 and Vlan 11 in bridge mode and at the same time have VLAN 12 (for example) in the routed mode.

- Traffic from vlan 10 to vlan 20 is bridged

- Traffic from vlan 10 to vlan 12 is routed

where Vlan 10&20 belong to same subnet and Vlan 12 is in different subnet.

Syed

I can have two pairs of birdged networks though. For example, I can have 10/20 and 12/22. If I need servers in both 20 and 22 to be members of a serverfarm which services clients connecting to a vserver that I will present on vlan 10, will I have any problems?

CSM in bridge mode passes the ARP's through.10/20

will create a seperate domain. So traffic hitting vserver on vlan 10 will be bridged to servers in vlan 20 but will not be able to get arp replies back from servers in vlan 30.

Syed

But CSM itself will Arp for the vserver on vlan 10 and then create a L2 unicast to the server IP on vlan 20. Right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: