Views
Helpful
Replies

All interrface vlans down

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have a Dist Switch Connected to the CORE Via Port-Channel.after config this DST Switch.i noticed that I Can ping Just The Directly Connected Port-Channel.but all int vlan are Down.how can i solve3 like this Issue?my routing Protocol is EIGRP

10xs

7 Replies 7

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

vlans are down when there is no active interface in the vlan. Using trunk links between switches is the quickest way to get all vlans up. Don't know if this fits in your design.

regards,

Leo

HI!

Plz can you explain More?

10xs

To give specific hins to resolve this, we need to have more info on your network.

Leo

Hello Man!

just Dist Switch connected to core via Port-Channel.man i can't ping even the Mangment Vlan..

10xs

could you double check eigrp config. the problem could be on your routing configuration.Ofcourse you should start troubleshooting by checking L1 and L2 issues

Keep in mind we are only human as you and not in any way supernaturally gifted;-) We really need more info to come up with a solution to your problem. Is that so hard to understand?When you think the above is sufficient info, man, then what about the following questions:

1: is the distribution switch running on layer2 or layer3? What about the core L2/L3?

2: where is the mgmt vlan located?

3: how have you set up the vtp domain(s)?

4: what is the output of: sh ip ro on the various L3 devices?

5: is the the access to mgmt vlan in any way protected by an acl?

6: many more questions might be significant but the above shoud suffice for a start.

regards,

Leo

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

Not sure if this is what your problem is, however if you are running a CAT/OS switch and have a MSFC within it, you may experiance an issue where all the Interface VLAN's are Down/Down. This is what happens when the trunk between the switch and MSFC do not allow the VLANs that you are trying to bring up on the MSFC. If you type SHOW TRUNK on the switch look for the trunk for the MSFC (probably 15/1 or 16/1). Look to see if your VLANs are allowed on the trunk. If not allowed then allow them. Then bring up the Interface VLAN's on tghe MSFC. They will now show Up/Up... Hope this is your issue..Good Luck...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: